Innovative Power Products offers a full range of heat-shrinkable cable accessories used to terminate, splice, repair, protect and seal low and medium voltage cable, equipment, and cable-to-equipment connections
IPP is dedicated to supplying our clients with high quality products at competitive prices that best suits their specific applications and requirements.
- Innovative Power Products, Inc. ("IPP") is a California based company right in the heart of Silicon Valley. Founded in 1985 and Incorporated in 1993, IPP has supplied product throughout the United States and Internationally which strictly comply with local and International standards.
IPP produces a line of low and medium voltage (600v-35kv) cable accessories based on heat shrinkable polymer technology. Our products are used to terminate, splice, repair, protect and seal low and medium voltage cable, and equipment, and cable-to-equipment connections.
IPP is dedicated to supplying our clients with high quality products at competitive prices that best suits their specific applications and requirements..
- Heat-shrink products enjoy the reputation of being one of the most reliable ways to terminate, splice, repair and connect cable and equipment fully compatible with manufacturer's cable standards.
Cable preparation is very important for any applied cable accessory, joint or termination.
- • Most important is the semicon cutback, which must be cut square without cutting into the insulation. The advantage of heat shrink is that the stress control tubing overlaps insulation and semicon and the field control mastic is placed at the critical juncture first. When the stress control tubing is heated it shrinks down to make a void free profile and effective voltage gradient eliminating the risk of discharge in service.
• Another critical area is where the insulation is cut back to facilitate connection to terminal lug or splice connector. Again the combination of field control mastic and heat shrink tubing ensures perfect profile and void elimination at the interface over insulation cut back, exposed conductor and connector.
- • The third critical area is where the outer tubing passes over on to the jacket and again the advantage of the heat shrink action activates the sealant to make a perfect waterproof seal over the complete accessory and on to the jacket. The use of heat shrink accessories therefore allows for less accurate positioning because the tubing overrides the critical area and shrinks down to make a perfect profile.